Possible error at CSH, HQ

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Oct 20 23:29:35 GMT 2000

Here's a first  (LOL)

I may have been overly harsh, on what I thought of MAF systems.
I'd tinkered with a few, but never really had cause to really take the time
to get personal with one.  While I really find the MAP, inherently easy to
work with, the MAFs can be made to be rather good performers.  Matter of
fact, I've just done a couple dozen for the GN, and well I'm satisfied that
I have the drivibility end of it down right.   I did cheat, and got a few
initial bins from friends to play with, so the Hipo end of them had been
pretty well roughed in.

I've also run back to back tests with the late MAF with translator, to the
oem one.  Let me say, over the years, I've gotten really fussy about what I
consider a good calibration, and I can tell the difference betwen the two,
with the late one winning handily.   Again, your results may vary.

Next item, is relocating the air temp sensor, and using an unused table in
the code.   Just a matter  of entering some numbers, rather then 0s.

It's a pain, to sort thru, but the IAC stuff can be manipulated to produce a
real nice calibration.  The Gn in my test area, would roll down from 55 to a
tad  over 45, it now will drop to a touch over 35 in the same test...
With the DFCO disabled, there is some EGT to help it spool up from overrun.
Now idles at 650 rpm neutral or drive just as smooth as ya be.

The MAFs do have a place, just the T/C acts was protection from reversion,
so that might be part of why this is working out sooo well
Bruce
   They had war paint on and were all wound up about the Cole, but the
little guys are back.   Just getting alot of thousand yard stares when I
asked where they were, but they'll crack......