TPI 5.7L and SVO injectors

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Mon Oct 23 03:25:05 GMT 2000

Dave,

Are you saying that Ford rates their injectors at a different pressure and
you have to re-rate the 24 lb. injectors to 26.7? Can you elaborate here? I
have been running Ford  19 lb injectors in my TPI with no chip changes and I
am seeing BLMs in the 150-160 range and integrators as high as 180. I know
this is a crappy way of running, but I am just trying to see how far off I
can be and still have the GM logic correct. It runs kinda unsmooth (sorry
best way to describe it) but it does run.

Also, I've been thinking of how changing the injector constant effects
tuning. Seems to me that raising the injector constant in order to match
newly installed larger injectors should decrease the injector pulsewidth for
a given VE since the larger injectors spray more fuel for a given pulsewidth.
This in effect would keep the tune the same by compensating for larger
injectors. But I found that increasing, Whoops wait a minute. I increased the
base pulsewidth, not the injector constant. Let me think some more.