Relocating IAT sensor?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Oct 25 14:44:55 GMT 2000

Depends.
What corrections does you ecm use it for?.
On the 8D and 6E, All it seems to really do is enable the EGR.   So mounting
it in a cooler spot would min the EGR application.
On the Buick turbos, it is used for a timing correction.  So it might add
too much timing at too low of temp., and detonate.

Ya need to find out how it's used, and capitalize on that.

Might hook a scan tool to the engine, and take a 50K pot and a 330 ohm
resistor and with the 330 inline with the pot (sows, not to set a code),
swing the pot back and forth and see if there is a timing or fuel change.
Or in cruise, see if it affects EGR apply.
Bruce