Running a 88-89 W car PROM in a 90 T(Lumina) with 3.1 v6

Lafferty, John John.Lafferty at camcare.com
Thu Oct 26 12:40:15 GMT 2000

A question for anyone:
After purchasing a car with an incorrect PROM(AMAS7004) in the ECM(1227727),
discovered
by the help of chipsbyal at aol.com, I am wondering what advantages I can gain
by finding the correct PROM.
The car seems to run just fine with the exception of a slow reading on the
speedometer.  The AMAS7004 seems to be
for a 2.8V6.  How will this affect my current 'performance' as opposed to
installing a 3.1 PROM? I'm not really interested in
high-performance(since it's just a work car), but I would like to have
better fuel economy.

Thanks to all...