165 ECU File

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Oct 28 17:19:40 GMT 2000

> Well my Diacom wont hook up to his 165 ECM for some reason or any other
non
> 730 GM ECMs for that matter. I guess I need some sort of special adapter
for
> my cable or something. So I can't put a scan tool on it :(

Looking at the wiring between the two ALDL connectors might explain that.

> I'm sure a couple degrees wont hurt anything, since his timing looks very
> conservative plus he's using 92 gas which can only help prevent any
> potential detonation.

This is exactly why folks have long term problems.
Leads to remarkable tuning like adding 10d to all the WOT stuff, 15 to may
retard in PE, then just rely on the K/S to protect the motor, then in 6
months wonder why the headgaskets / rod bearings / rings are junk.
Bruce