749 O/L idle help needed.....

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Sun Oct 29 20:29:37 GMT 2000

Gentlemen:

Trying to get a *solid* idle in my Sy -

Oxy sensor set @ 0 time (therefore open loop always)

Timing table set flat in the idle area - this is working - no timing
variations

A/F closed throttle table set flat in idle region; VE vs RPM table set flat
in idle area.

Still, the BPWs fluctuate from, say, 1.09ms to 1.25ms.  IAC shows no more
than 50 +/- 1, timing = no variation, idle speed from 650 to 750 (target is
725).  Idle is best @ 1.25ms here, something trying to lean it out.

MAT =~ 90F, coolant @ 160F - want steady warm idle first, will work on cold
later.  Manifold vac steady @ 16" +/- 1/2 (mild cam).

*Something* is causing the BPWs to vary, almost like its still in C/L.

Any suggestions?  Obviously, I'm overlooking something here, but I don't
know what.

Thanks - Barry