30 lb FMS Injector ??'s

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 30 02:41:08 GMT 2000

Hi guys,

I'm trying to help a friend troubleshoot a problem he's having. Both cars
involved are either 94 or 95 LT1 cars.

We both purchased "30 lb/hr SVO Injectors" from the same source, "lightly
used" models. I put mine in and they worked fine - I set my injector
constant at 30 lb/hr, and am seeing block learns in the 114-117 range (I
then saw Tim Siford's email about moving the constant to about 33, so I
still need to do that). So since my motor is running on the slight rich
side, I'm assuming that my injectors are fine. They have the number
0280150945 on one side, and F1SE-E5A on the other.

Now here's where it gets weird. My friend installed his injectors, had some
trouble with the injector retainer clips (which I had no problems
whatsoever), and he set his injector constant to 30 lb/hr. His block learns
went to 160. He put his stock 24 lb/hr injectors back in, changed his
constant, and he's back to normal. He put the 30's back in, block learns go
to 160 with an injector constant of 30. So he starts fiddling with the
constant. At 22.25 lb/hr, he gets block learns of 128. His part numbers are
0280150931 and 92TF-AA.

Both injectors are red top, black body (I emailed him a picture of mine and
he said they look the same).

So what's up with his injectors? Does anyone have a Ford Motorsports 30 lb
injector part number directly off of the injector that they could email me
with? We're really trying to figure out what he has. Could they possibly be
19's?

Thanks for any help,

Andrew