P&H interface

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Oct 30 05:21:47 GMT 2000

Mike wrote:

> my first attempt at an ascii circuit diagram is below, my electrical
> training is minimal so I'm not sure which resistor capacitor arrangement to
> use to time a transistor. rather than spend the next hour or so trying to
> find a reference I thought I'd just ask.
> the RC section should delay the hold current transistor current switch.

You schematic got garbled by your e-mail program.

It looks like you were trying to use a single transistor with a simple
RC circuit to act as a time delay.  This won't work well.  It's only
good enough for cheap toys made in China.  I'd advise you to use an IC
meant to run a P&H injector.  There are several candidates, all
mentioned in the archives.