High Idle Question

Todd Burkard toddburkard at pcmc.com
Mon Oct 30 14:54:34 GMT 2000

The TPI327 Project is coming along slow but good Still trying to get the BLMs to come out in the 3500 - 4000 RPM Range but being my first of 3 to come tunning project I feel I'm progressing and Having fun which it is all about for me. Dumb me though didn't realize that the dang ALDL software had the ability to log the data till after a few days of getting the old Man over to beet on the Car for me while I sat and recorded the Data.

Anyway to my question I was setting the idle yesterday and I have the Idle in the Chip set at 550 when warmed up I backed the Idle screw out till the Scantool was bouncing between 550 and 575 and left it there then I reconnected the IAC (Used Field service mode to when Disconnecting the IAC) I restarted the Car and left it idle for a little while and then decided to give the throttle a crack to see if there was any hesitation there was none but the idle shot up and stayed a little over 1000. I disconnected the computer power and reset it and let the computer relearn and now when I come to a stop the idle stays high for a little while then drops down. I might also note I just added a heated O2 sensor because the single wire would cool down and let it go into open loop at idle and take about a mile before it would get back into closed loop just in case this has something to do with it.

Thanks,
Todd