head gasket

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com don.broadus at exeloncorp.com
Mon Oct 30 15:59:04 GMT 2000

A circle track article awhile back cautioned not to overheat aluminum heads.
The SBC has two exhaust port next to each other
generating lots of heat in that area. It is possible that you have lost the
temper /heat treat of the head and caused the aluminum to be soft in that
area resulting in a poor head gasket crush and resultant water loss. The
heads should be hardness tested before you spend a lot on resurfacing.
                                       Don

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon Corp. proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Exelon Corp. family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.