LT-1 Heads

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Tue Sep 5 11:23:00 GMT 2000

-> Anyone know if the heads and port injection manifold from a 1995 LT-1
-> Corvette will fit the old Gen-1 small block engine block? I know the

 They will bolt up, but all LT-1s were reverse flow cooled.  You could
add some pipe fittings and get around that (the circle trackers do that
with ordinary heads), but machining the intake for a distributor hole
would be a trick.  Even if you find a distributor that will clear the
plenum, the hole is machined at a 3 or 4 degree angle off vertical and
the mounting surface of the distributor needs to stay within .080 or so
of stock.

 The LT1 heads and intake are no great shakes, airflow-wise.  Even if
they were free it wouldn't be worth the effort it would take to make it
work.  Well, maybe if you had a V8 DIS setup handy...

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?