LT-1 Heads

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Tue Sep 5 17:42:36 GMT 2000

     Yep , Fluid Dynamics doesn't seem to be a strong point in the LS1 lube
system chain , along with the NorthStar style oil pump scheme , which BTW,
   Cad has had Drive Gear spin on crank snout . LS1 heads will fit on a Ford
Windsor with some revisions and visa versa. Betcha that gets things cooking
up @ 33003 Van Dyke ! What made the small block so popular WAS the
interchangeability / reuse of components , that's GONE ,now most fasteners
  are  TTY as well. In competition use some folks have had Cylinder case
motor mounting and starter boss failures on LS1, [ Now Revised ]. Many
design features today are done for packaging / profit advantage , not
necessarily for longevity or power , not lending themselves to upgrade later,
without total replacement. [ unfortunate ].
Len