Beretta PROM use...

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu Sep 7 01:23:43 GMT 2000

Mike,

The MEMCAL for a 7730 contains three items. The EPROM that contains the
calibration data for normal use, the Electronic Spark Module circuit that
allows the ECM to compensate for engine knock, and the NetRes which contains
the limp home mode instructions and a cylinder count. You could use this in a
pinch for a V8 provided you reprogrammed the EPROM, and modified the cylinder
count to make it work with a V8 engine. But you will loose the knock
detection function and I think the limp home mode. There was a recent post
here about how to modify the cylinder select by grounding some pins. For me,
its not worth the hassle. I just buy new MEMCALs for the right application
from a dealer.