use of MAP in FI calcs

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Sep 8 22:51:22 GMT 2000

Quess I'm a little too old school.  I'd sure like a IAT post turbo, full
time baro. and a good MAP system to try this all out on to be sure, but,
While it might not make any more peak HP, I'd put a coule shiny pennies on
have a more consistant performing car.
Bruce

You actually want _not_ to do a BARO correction in a lot of the
calculations.  Once you've measured a certain absolute pressure in the
plenum, you generally don't care what the pressure is on the other side
of the throttle butterfly.  It doesn't matter if you have the
supercharger from hell blowing into the throttle or not, a given MAP
reading will always mean the same amount of air in the cylinders.
(Actually, barometric pressure will affect cylinder scavenging - and
there is a correction term for that.)