Beretta PROM use...

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Sep 10 01:18:07 GMT 2000

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> The 730 strategy would be a batch fire, and if each ecm saw 1/2 the ignition
> pulses then you could have a dual batch fire system,
This is a little easier than trying to use 2 dis modules with one
ecm.  That gets tricky in a hurry.

>but all the rpm related
> stuff would need work.
Since the twin ecm idea pops up enough, would it be feasible to build
something to turn one sensor signal into a separate output for each
ecm?  Then there would be no problem with sensor readings being
misinterpreted by another ecm "on line".  This would also work for
keeping a backup ecm ready-n-willing at all times.

> Would a simple JK Flip Flop between the ign module, and ecms handle that?
No need.  Use 2 4cyl dis modules, CPS placed 90 degrees apart.  You
just want to make sure that all the timing tables agree at all times.
Stay tuned.  I've got a good picture to scan and post.

The flip flop idea is similar to something I'd thought about for
extending the RPM range of an HEI system.  Remember the old
Flamethrower distributor?  2 sets of points, 2 coils, each coil taking
turns firing a plug.  An HEI could be used with 1 module and 2 coils
if some of Gar's high voltage diodes and a flip flop were used.

> Hmm, I think the Buick Power book told of mating 2 Buick v-6s end to
> end.....
> 120" WB GN? LOL
No, no, no.  71 Monte Carlo.  Even with a big block the fan shroud's a
foot long. : )
Shannen