N.O.S. Relay

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Sep 10 02:37:20 GMT 2000

Did you use one of the ganged relays?.
Or just a groupd of relays in series?.
What for pressure switches did you use?.
Don't ya just love it when it just builds power and moves?
TIA
Bruce

I used a TTL electronic, voltage sensitive relay that is tied in
electrically with the 1-2 shift solenoid command circuit from the PCM to the
trans. I installed a NX Express system on a 1995 Poncho, Firebird and when
armed, the system doesn't engage N2o until the car is in 2nd gear, WOT,
bottle press. at 1050 psi, at least 40 lbs. fuel press., 30 lbs. minimum oil
press, and 3000 minimum rpm. It worked fantastic and the power output was so
smooth, that it felt as if the car had a much larger engine than it does.
There was NO abrubt addition of power at all and the car remained hooked up
throughout the run.

The NX kit didn't come with this extra stuff, so I just engineered it to
what I wanted and to the specs I desired. Below is a website that has this
unit that I used.....

http://www.altronix.com/p_html/relay.htm

Regards....

Phil Rickard- Engine builder/Tuner for Les Stanford-Pirate Racing Corvette
C5R......Formerly with L.P.E.

.