N.O.S. Relay

Phil Rickard vettebuilder at skyenet.net
Sun Sep 10 02:12:01 GMT 2000

For those of you that are using N2o and A4 transmissions, I have found something that works excellent in delaying N2o activation without the cost of the expensive delay timers from N.O.S and the like.

I used a TTL electronic, voltage sensitive relay that is tied in electrically with the 1-2 shift solenoid command circuit from the PCM to the trans. I installed a NX Express system on a 1995 Poncho, Firebird and when armed, the system doesn't engage N2o until the car is in 2nd gear, WOT, bottle press. at 1050 psi, at least 40 lbs. fuel press., 30 lbs. minimum oil press, and 3000 minimum rpm. It worked fantastic and the power output was so smooth, that it felt as if the car had a much larger engine than it does. There was NO abrubt addition of power at all and the car remained hooked up throughout the run.

The NX kit didn't come with this extra stuff, so I just engineered it to what I wanted and to the specs I desired. Below is a website that has this unit that I used.....

http://www.altronix.com/p_html/relay.htm

Regards....

Phil Rickard- Engine builder/Tuner for Les Stanford-Pirate Racing Corvette C5R......Formerly with L.P.E.

.