HEX TO DECIMAL

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Sep 10 10:39:00 GMT 2000

-> If you happen to be running Windoze 9x or above, just go to the start
-> menu, go to run, then type in calc. Once calculator is up, go to
-> view, and select scientific. You can then switch back and forth
-> between several choices.

 I just happened to need to do a conversion earlier this week.  I was
looking around for my cheat sheet when I remembered Weiners had a
calculator, so I rummaged around and found it somewhere in one of the
submenus, fired it up, and...  four function with "memory."  No
scientific or programmer modes.  Hell, I *know* Windows 2 and 3
calculators had hex modes, because I used to use them.

 The calculator applet that ships with W95 OSR2 perfectly emulates a $3
kiddie calculator.  One more de-contented area for Win95...  thank you,
Mr. Gates.

 I wound up doing it by hand.  Probably good practice, at that...