TCC lock/unlock tuning

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Tue Sep 12 06:19:15 GMT 2000

I'm trying to figure out the TCC lock/unlock settings in AUJP.   Found the
4 tables for "Load Limit vs. MPH or RPM", two for "low gear" and two for
"high gear".

I assume "high gear" means 4th, "low gear" is everything else.   Found the
flag b0 at $016 for "RPM for TCC vs MPH".  Does this mean that if b0 is 1,
RPM is used in the "Load Limit" tables?

Each range gets a upper and lower threshhold.   Does this mean that within
these ranges, the converter is locked?

Problem is that going up a fairly steep hill the TCC will stay locked, even
at 1400rpm and 80kpa (about 40mph) which is seriously lugging the motor.  A
quick stab of the pedal will unlock it, but then lockup again.    My rear
gears are 2.78, so it's easy to load the motor down.

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob at tecmark.com