TCC lock/unlock tuning

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Tue Sep 12 13:00:26 GMT 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Bob Valentine wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out the TCC lock/unlock settings in AUJP.   Found the
> 4 tables for "Load Limit vs. MPH or RPM", two for "low gear" and two for
> "high gear".
>
> I assume "high gear" means 4th, "low gear" is everything else.   Found the
> flag b0 at $016 for "RPM for TCC vs MPH".  Does this mean that if b0 is 1,
> RPM is used in the "Load Limit" tables?

That was what it was in my computer.    Mine did not use RPM anywere,
it only used MPH vs TPS.    The values in the table in mine were TPS.

> Each range gets a upper and lower threshhold.   Does this mean that within
> these ranges, the converter is locked?

One is the lock TPS (TCC is unlocked-lower number), the other speed
(higher TPS) is the unlock TPS (if the tcc is already locked).  The
lock TPS is the TPS that you need to be below to lock, the unlock TPS
it the throttle you need to get above to unlock the convertor once you
are locked.   There should be 4 tables, 2 for high gear (one is lock,
and one is unlock), and 2 for low gear.   If B0 is selecting between 2
of the 4 tables, it is probably the current TCC status.

There will also be two speeds at the top of the table, one is a speed
at which the table will be used to lock (TCC unlocked), and another is
a lower speed which is the speed at which (with the TCC already
locked) the table will unlock the TCC and ignore the table.  There may
also be a top speed for both these entries, but it appears to usually
be set to FF (255mph).

			Roger