GM 2.8L V6 ALDL

Shawn R. Lin slin01 at mail.orion.org
Wed Sep 13 22:45:49 GMT 2000

I can get chatter from my '89 Olds Cutlass Supreme (2.8L V6 VIN W).
However, I can't get it to spit out Mode 1 data (or any other mode for
that matter).  I've tried sending it the Mode 1 string for the Lotus
4-cyl, '93 LT1 Camaro, and even tried sending it the string that's
preprogrammed into ScanTool.exe.  No luck.  Carbytes 2.0 shows that it
just echoes back.  For some reason, repeatedly transmitting the Mode 1
string for LT1 causes Carbytes 2.0 to lock up.  CTRL-ALT-DEL shows
"CarBytes [Not Responding]" and "MsgSrv32 [Not Responding]".

Anyone have specs for this motor?  The bin is ATFB3833 running in a
1227727 ECM.  The car has the U51 (Driver Info Computer) option.

I tried searching the archives but didn't come up with anything.  The
only archives I found was GMECM99.TXT, are there any older/newer
archives yet?

Shawn