Programming questions

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Fri Sep 15 05:35:29 GMT 2000

In a message dated 09/09/2000 4:26:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
WEG1192 at aol.com writes:

<< I programmed my first chip last night with a howell bin from the ftp site.
 could definitely tell a difference between this bin and my stock bin
 (aujp1615). However, I was too chicken to really get on it because I don't
 have diagnostic software yet and it was late at night and I didn't want to
 walk home. Anyway, been playing with the WINBIN software today and found
some
 problems.

 There was a setting for speed to enable ESC function. It was set at 2 MPH in
 my stock bin. Does that mean that without a speed sensor, I have not been
 getting the benefit of a knock sensor? Also, there was a minimum hiway mode
 speed of 255. Does that mean that hiway mode is disabled for the TPI stock
 bins and why? All of the stock bins I have checked for this are set at 255.

 Also, does the fact that there is an open loop %A/F change vs. map mean that
 although the engine may have warmed up, if it stays in open loop for
whatever
 reason, it runs a little rich because of this table? My O2 sensor tends to
 cool down at idle and during a rainstorm on the road making it jump back
into
 open loop a lot during those conditions.

 Thanks, this is getting fun. >>

 Second post, can anyone help? Thanks