GM 2.8L V6 ALDL

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Fri Sep 15 13:01:24 GMT 2000

>> Maybe the checksum calculated by Carbytes 2.0 is wrong, and that's the
>> problem?

It is NEVER wrong!!.

>> When I tried sending $F0,$58,$01, it automatically calculated the
>> checksum as $B9.
>
>Nope.  Should be $B7.  No wonder it ignored the request.

You don't need to workout the Checksum byte, Carbytes will add it
automatically.
If you type it in as part of the stream to send, Carbytes will add it's own
checksum byte on the end of yours.
You simply need to type $F0,$56,$01
Carbytes will add the correct Checksum byte at the end when the data is
sent. Also the auto message length calculator is very handy, if you are
sending requests manually, ie $F4,$56,$02,$00,$20 this would not normally
work because I have not defined the correct number of bytes in the message
length, however when the data is sent Carbytes will 'automatically' correct
the data byte for message length to the right value, then also add the
checksum byte on the end.
Try just using the Command section first and not worry about Macro's for
now.
Remember type the message length byte as $56, and don't add your own
checksum value.

Ross Myers