GM 2.8L V6 ALDL

Shawn R. Lin slin01 at mail.orion.org
Fri Sep 15 19:45:37 GMT 2000

Ross Myers wrote:

> >> Maybe the checksum calculated by Carbytes 2.0 is wrong, and that's the
> >> problem?
>
> It is NEVER wrong!!.
>
> >> When I tried sending $F0,$58,$01, it automatically calculated the
> >> checksum as $B9.
> >
> >Nope.  Should be $B7.  No wonder it ignored the request.
>
> You don't need to workout the Checksum byte, Carbytes will add it
> automatically.
> If you type it in as part of the stream to send, Carbytes will add it's own
> checksum byte on the end of yours.

[snip]

Thanks, that is exactly correct.
Now I'm convinced that I'm sending the ECM the correct Mode1 string, but
I can't get the timing right.  I know SOMETIMES the string is getting to
the ECM as the DIC says "DIAGNOSTIC MODE", but it's only ever for a
split second.  The longest time it has said that was 3 seconds or so.

Shawn