knock sensor installation

s. douglas taylor x5gb7uk9 at wna-linknet.com
Sat Sep 16 00:32:07 GMT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Shannen Durphey <shannen at grolen.com>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Date: Friday, September 15, 2000 12:14 AM
Subject: Re: knock sensor installation

>Many knock sensors are installed in the coolant drain hole in front of
>the starter.  I think it's 1/4 NPT.  This is especially true of sbc
>applications.
>Shannen

On smallblocks, the knock sensor is screwed into a hole just above the
oil pan on the side of the block.  There's a hole on either side,
usually with a square headed plug in it.

--steve

Should be a 1/4" pipe threaded hole (SBC)  slightly above and in front of
the starter, that's the oem spot.  (goes into water jacket)
Bruce

Bruce, Steve, Shannen,

thanx, i can do that.
now my next question is...