TBI with TPI ecm???

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Sep 16 16:05:46 GMT 2000

I did some short term testing with a 730, and a 749 running a TBI.
Both in hot rodded v-8 things looked promising, just owners were into
thinking one chip should work, and didn't want to spend the time working
things out.
  For a dual TBI I think the 749 would be more robust since it has run 4 TPI
P+Hs.

Quad injectors, needs a driver board to take the load long term.  The 749
gets really warm driving 6 P+Hs, and I now have an intermittent miss and
dead WOT with the 749 I ran this way.
Get some Cherry Injector Drivers and large heatsink, and do the external
board for the 4 TBI injectors, IMO.
Bruce

Since TPI units such as in the various 80's F-bodies batch fire the
injectors, is it possible to use one of these ECMs to control a TBI with
either a dual or possibly quad injectors?

Kevin R