TBI with TPI ecm???

Kevin R KEReyn at gte.net
Sun Sep 17 00:35:54 GMT 2000

Dual truck TBIs/4 injectors is an idea for a future motor.
Right now the thought is to run one instead of the 747 on my crossfire
project.
Main reason is to try and get a better/faster output with more parameters
when using a scanner.

At what point did GM go to something that can be configured thru connection
rather than burning and swapping chips, and can they be used in a 2 injector
setup like the xfire?

Kevin R

> I did some short term testing with a 730, and a 749 running a TBI.
> Both in hot rodded v-8 things looked promising, just owners were into
> thinking one chip should work, and didn't want to spend the time working
> things out.
>   For a dual TBI I think the 749 would be more robust since it has run 4
TPI