Tuning 7747

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Tue Sep 19 13:47:35 GMT 2000

WEG1192 at aol.com wrote:

> At this point, all VE values above 50 KPa and 1200 RPM are
> over 61 when they were initially down around 40. I read in Bruce's Prog 101
> that the VE adder and the VE table values can't add up to more than 100%,
> otherwise the VE will be clipped at 100. Does this mean that any VE values I
> program over 61 are clipped at 61?

The sum of the values is clipped at 255.  I'd refrain from calling the
table values "percentages" just because that leads to this sort of misunderstanding.

> I guess I don't understand the VE adder
> table. I zeroed this table out to see if it was PE mode only and the engine
> stalled so I guess its full time. Do I need to lower the VE adder table and
> compensate in the main fuel table?

The two tables get added together - always.  There are two tables simply
to save ROM space.  One table covers the interesting features
encountered during the EPA emissions test.  The other table extends the
first to the RPMs found at WOT.

When you edit the tables, you could create (on paper) one large virtual
table.  This table would initially get filled with the sum of the two
ROM tables.  When you are done editing this virtual table (keeping in
mind that not all changes are possible), it can be split back into two
for the ROM.