Traction Control

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Sep 24 01:28:29 GMT 2000

> I'm considering some firmware techniques to reduce power for winter
driving.  Maybe retarding >spark a little or missing an ignition pulse.  Is
anyone doing this kind of stuff?

I spent a ton of time on such a deal.
Looked for sudden rpm changes.
Used Tack input to charge two caps thru two resistors,  feed that to the
high and low ends of a 3914.
The various output levels were where I would drop cylinders as prime number
to min loading up one particular cylinder,  ie 1st step would drop 1 in 7
cylindr firings, then 1 in 5, then 1in 3.  Rain snow would never get to
stage 3.  at 1 in 5 the engine was noticeably missing, and couldn't be made
to spin a tire.
   BTW, tried the MSD multistep and was crazy trying to get enough retard to
make a reall difference instantly.  The 1 in 7  is like a 20% power cut.

If you have abs then just allow for like 8-12ish percent slippage rear to
front and run the logic gates for the cut outs, would be what I'd do
Bruce