Traction Control

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Mon Sep 25 03:05:19 GMT 2000

FWIW:

The chevy venture we bought has traction control - it limits throttle
travel, and backs it off when you step too hard on the gas. I dont even
thing it has wheel sensors - its open loop and assumes based on calculations
when the tires are slipping.  I never really looked at it but it was only a
$150 option and definetly uses throttle limiter.

I had tried pulling spark to zero at 255 MAP and 1200-1500 rpm in the grand
prix to take the "thought" out of a drag launch. worked but needed fine
tuning. as for closed loop traction control - outta my area of interest.