Traction Control

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Mon Sep 25 13:36:15 GMT 2000

   NW9  [ Accleration Slip Regulation ] does use 2 rear wheel speed sensor
input[s]
as part of calculation scheme for interaction with ABS , BCM , PCM / VCM and
throttle control. For the $150 price tag , GM changes  lots  of hardware
and code
compared to a Non Traction Control combination. I'm sure If GM could have done
Traction control with a Software only fix , they would have done so , since
It would
require less hardware. Just what bean counters dig.
   Len