7747 tuning again

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sun Sep 24 13:42:04 GMT 2000

I took a look at your tables, and yes, you are maxed. It is important to
verify that you still have 18psi fuel at speed. If it drops even the slightest,
your in trouble. Doing the math on the injectors, looks like they will
supply enough fuel for 250hp. (60lbs/hr @ 12psi == 73.5lbs/hr @ 18psi,
@ 85% duty cyle & 0.5bsfc).

The two VE tables get added together, and are checked and corrected
for overflow. Once over 3200 rpm, both tables are still used. The 3200rpm
row of the first table, is added to 2nd table at whatever rpm it is at. So, it
does nothing to have one table at 100% and the other at 30%, you still
only get 100%.

Have you changed the inj cnst at 0x2B4? Should be at 135d. Increasing this
will increase the bpw across the board. It really shouldn't be used to tune
though.
(doing the math for this value shows it should be set to 116. This will reduce
the fuel and make your prob worse. It is the proper value for a 360ci engine
with 73.5lbs/hr injectors. The proper value will calibrate the bpw calculation).

If no egr, set location 0x1b3 to zero (0) to disable in ecm. ECM will lean afr
when it enables the egr valve (and add timing).

Course, check exh for leaks, O2 sensor good? It seems as though something else
is wrong. Shouldn't take much fuel at cruise.

Ludis, did I miss anything?

BobR.