7747 tuning again

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Sep 24 16:09:29 GMT 2000

rr wrote:
<big snip>

> Course, check exh for leaks, O2 sensor good? It seems as though something else
> is wrong. Shouldn't take much fuel at cruise.

AMC 360 engines are notorious for wasting fuel.  I've never spent much
time trying to improve mileage in one.  The most I did was apply a
good general tune up to a carb'ed Jeep Grand Wagoneer which raised the
fuel economy from 4mpg to 6 or 7mpg, depending on the driver.  I have
actually watched the needle on the fuel gauge drop while out on the
highway.
Shannen