Part Throttle tuning for MAF (was MAF tables have a max of 255)

timsiford at hushmail.com timsiford at hushmail.com
Sun Sep 24 17:03:47 GMT 2000

Hmmmm,

How come the $32 and $32B code both have a BPW Fuel vs Load (g/sec) and
the $6E does not?  Or, is it just that TunerCat shows the BPW table in the
$32 and $32B but not in the $6E?

The reason that I am asking is this....
With an '89 corvette TPI (heads/cam - 165, $6E), Diacom reports a BLM of
118 at 1500rpms with a load of 40 g/sec (diacom actually reports 4000 but
I assume they really mean 40?).  This is NOT at WOT.  I'd like to be able
to modify the image so that the BLMs are close to 128 almost all of the
time.  If I had a $32 or $32B I would adjust the BPW vs Load (g/sec).  However,
 this table doesn't exist in the versions of the $6E calibration file that
I have for BOTH TunerCat and the Demo GMEPRO.  Am I missing something here?
 How do you tune part throttle closed loop operation on MAF '89 code ($6E)?
 Can anyone shed any light or help out here?  The speed density setups are
a cinch.  But, there doesn't seem to be any documentation on the internet
or in the diy-efi archives on how to tune PART throttle on the MAF code.

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated.
Tim