Fw: LT-1

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Sun Sep 24 19:38:44 GMT 2000

   The LT1 PCM s are not forgiving  in this area. When AC is Fully
operational , PCM is watching the AC
   line pressure status and coolant temp . Any attempt to run 2nd and 3rd
fans manually , likely will set a DTC.
   I would think , a hard wired approach , so the PCM can't see what your
doing may be the only work around.
   Also there is a thermocouple device inserted in the Heater Core for
additional monitoring , for heating
   and defrost mixing temp control , which is using the AC compressor as
balance / blend.
   This is a simplistic explanation of the HVAC in LT1 s. The introduction
of R134A  refrigerant also ushered in
   additional complexity into the systems. In a Hot Rod  , might be easier
to install an Independent fan with
   a temp delay  when AC is enabled. Just my 2/c.
    Len