747 wiring questions.

Kevin R KEReyn at gte.net
Wed Sep 27 03:57:51 GMT 2000

OK, 747's been grafted into the crossfire injection system for a while now
and running fine.
A couple of smog wires left over, but not a biggy, figured I'd figure it out
later.
Anyway, I'm re-going thru a book on Chevy fuel injection and it list a
pinout for a 4.3 with designation "Z" (1227747?).
Anyway, it list  A3 (not used in GM my pin chart) as canister purge and C1
(also not used in my chart) as Air diverter solenoid.
The question is, does GM have functions in all 747s that if not used are
just not wired? If I wire it presto bango do I have my smog stuff back(like
I want it :-) ). I know the Non A/C P/U I got my pigtail from didn't have an
A/C wire, but I assume (?) if I grounded that terminal that the ECM would
adjust the fuel and timing etc as if I did.

Kevin R