7747 tuning again

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Fri Sep 29 01:03:52 GMT 2000

The service port is actually an extension of the cpu address and data
bus. It is part of the actual ecm PCB as an edge card connector. No
surgery is required other than to open the ecm so that the Lockers
data logger can be plugged onto the connector. (and some Break-
Kleen to remove the conformal coating form the connector).

I've taken a spare ecm and removed the end of the case. Then put
it all back together. Between that and a zif socket, it's perfect
for tuning work. Then I just put an unmodified ecm in for regular
old driving, with the tuned eprom image.

BobR.

Reid Bishop wrote:

> Ah, I see more clearly now (me thinks).  I was under the impression that
> your reference to the 'service port' meant the ALDL interface.  So your
> interface requires disassembly of the C3 box, and perhaps a bit of surgery
> to the motherboards?  Or is there some kind of port inside that can be
> accessed?
>
> Now I'm really confused!

<snip>