Traction Control

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Thu Sep 28 11:44:14 GMT 2000

>The chevy venture we bought has traction control - it limits throttle
>travel, and backs it off when you step too hard on the gas. I dont even
>thing it has wheel sensors - its open loop and assumes based on
calculations
>when the tires are slipping.  I never really looked at it but it was only a
>$150 option and definetly uses throttle limiter.

My new (actually my wives) SS LS1 Commodore has traction control, it is a
very bizarre feeling, these don't use the fly by wire Vette throttle body,
instead the cable runs through a 'Throttle Relaxer', so once slip is
detected it pulls on the accell pedal cable, the result is the pedal pushes
back up (like you are lifting). If that don't work the rear brakes are
applied, and if that still doesn't work a whack on my arm normally does the
trick!.
I also think I can take off quicker with traction control off than the
computers can (No I'm not John Force!).

Just my little bit..
Ross Myers