Programming 808

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Sat Sep 30 14:13:39 GMT 2000

>Being a Aussie I am intensely interested in the 808 as it is our most
common
>ecu

Daniel,

Here's my opinion on the 808, I wouldn't bother developing your Poncho with
that ECM, at least running a VN/VP cal. The update 082/305 ECM's (which are
REALLY hard to find at junkyards) are a much better alternative (and
reliable!). Although they are pretty much the same ECM's they already have
the 8192 serial data option, plus the code used on VR+ was much better,
heaps more adjustments. Bruce was right about Diacom and 808's, it is junk,
don't even bother for real time tuning stuff, IMHO 160 baud is only good for
mechanics who can't count a flashing light!!. Carbytes (or similar) at 8192
with the '082' is really cool.

Bye,
Ross Myers