Jet Performance scam and others

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Sat Sep 30 16:49:20 GMT 2000

Jeff,
I hate coming to someone elses defence, not knowing both sides of the
story, but what vehicle, etc...Prom, Memcal did you have ? I know SC brings
in a vehicle and tests if it's something they're
clueless on--they use an emulator on stuff they've never worked on. When
you buy a Vortec SC for your vehicle--guess who's done the chip program ?
If the vehicle is something they doubt they'll do much volume on, they'll
take
an educated guess at where the vehicle will run at which "x" values
on a table. Lets face it--any mass produced product can be made better.
There's probably better tuning people on this list, than any mass purchased
product that's available...and having looked at most of 'em, SC has done
the most changes on any one table than anyone else has.
I know that I've even sent out chips and people can't follow simple
instructions and end up installing stuff backwards. SChips has a 30 day
moneyback
guarantee no questions asked and a lifetime warranty on the chip...are you
really sure it was the same company ? I don't see anyone else offering that
warranty...but I could be wrong...I know you're usually stuck with what you
buy.
Lyndon.