Turbo V8

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon Sep 25 19:28:54 GMT 2000

GM already did the work for you.  In MY 89, they had the turbo Trans Am.
Used a buick v-6, and 200R4 tranny.   You'd have some time scrounging the
parts, but it's a bolt-in.  If you poke around Gnttype.org for a while,
about all you need to know is there.   With a few bolt ons, you'll be
needing to reinforce the chassis to handle the 6.
Would be easier to start with a GN.
Bruce

From: "Brett Downs" <brettd at broadcast.net>
Subject: Re: Turbo V8
> hey john my name is brett I have an 86 trans am project car that is not
> running and i wanted to swap in a more powerful motor and the ta is tpi.
> wanted to swap in a 350 and put in twin turbos but i dont know if i should
> just swap in a grand national drive train and ecm and be done with it??
was

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org