TGP boost solinoid stuff

Barry z24man at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 8 02:37:23 GMT 2001

Barry Tisdale wrote:

> I don't know specifically, but the SyTy solenoid has one "in" port
> (pressure source), one "out" port (to the solenoid) and the vent port,
> which is next to the "out" port - there is a small foam air filter over
> this one.
>
> Barry - Sy#26

That sounds very similar to the TGP solenoid.  I don't have it with me,
but the foam air filter rings a bell.

I think I may just rig it up like that and see if I can "fake" the ECM
into activating it at idle... maybe generate a fake voltage at the MAP
to show >8psi to check that and also fuel cut-off at >9.5psi.  Any
pitfalls I should be aware of?

Thanks!

--Barry
z24man at bellsouth.net