How different is this?

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Wed Aug 8 12:51:09 GMT 2001

Adam Chant wrote:

> Here is a link to the photo of the PCM from the 91-95 MFI Z body.
> http://www.scdyne.com/tech/OBDPCM/pcmlarge.jpg

Your JPEG requires some serious gamma correction. This will make the
IC markings easily visible.

In the image at http://www.scdyne.com/tech/OBDPCM/index.html what did
you use to create the overlaid image(s)?

> The chip #'s are 16146451, 89391, 34987, 16129165, 16126532, 54995,
> 16079435, 64606, and 97583 if you can't see them.

20 pin device "B" is probably an address latch for the EPROM "A".
"D" is probably a multiplexed bus version of a 68HC11 and "G" and
"E" probably contain RAM as well as I/O ports. "I" is probably
the DSNEF.

> We have done some work with this, but I'm not willing to give out too much
> information at this time.

Why not? DIY/GMECM is all about sharing information.

> Some companies claim to have the ability to manipulate this PCM, but
> can't/refuse to prove it. One way or the other enough people want to, so a
> few people with basic knowledge are taking a stab at it.
> I hope this helps fill in some gaps in the info about the Z body too.

Yeah?

Vim Fuego wrote:

> Desolder it, read it off as a 27c128/256/512 till you some some valid data.

Take Vim's advice, read the chip, and post the BIN to ..

  ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/

Peter.