Netres availability

Dan Griffin slowfatslug at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 12:24:19 GMT 2001

After checking timing, #1and 4 cyls avg. near the mark most of the time..I
couldnt get it to backfire in the driveway but it does have a rough idle and
stumbles when I rev it up..timing mark does dissapear corresponding to
stumbles...I cant tell if it retards or advances, its hard to see with that
idler pully in the way.. just messing around, I hooked light to #3 wire...
normally I shouldnt see timing mark right? Well I did occasionally, again,
only corresponding to stumbles...
With light hooked to coil wire and aimed at tbi, fuel spray appears cone
shaped exept during stumble... then its spit shaped kinda....It looks like
Ive got 2 things going on at once here... I wish it would run at 50 rpm
idle, everything moves so damm fast!
Ill swap ecms later to rule out non ecm problems, bad wire, inj. valve,
etc...although last time I had '165 in it, aside from usual viruses, it ran
normally...
btw, changing "RPM thres. for PE" to FF  made no diffrence...

Also, found a dealer on Merrit Is. who can get a calpak, but he wants a
part# and type of car.. Seemed like I heard somewhere they made a skylark or
skyhawk 1 year '87?? that had a 2.5 4cyl 1 tbi with a '730 in it... I dunno
if it had a removable calpak though...

>     Maybe.. And bad plug , wire , valve , rocker , dirty inj. etc.
>     Ignition problems cam mimic fuel problems .
>     Len
>
> >I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken, but I thought backfiring was
> >sign of running too lean.

 Will check plugs when I swap ecms later....
Dan