Netres availability

Dan Griffin slowfatslug at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:41:06 GMT 2001

> Actually just had one in the shop with these symptoms...
> Bad plug wire and burnt through ignition rotor...just a thought.

After swapping '165 back in, timing was rock steady and eng. ran
smooth...What in the '747 would make the timing jump around like that?  Is
it necessary to have a knock sensor hooked up?  I had the error code
disabled in the chip...There could also be a difference in my distributor
the 747 is unhappy with...

Wish I had a pile of calpaks to experiment with...
Or a V8 distributor to stare at...

I posted a list of ecms used with the 2.5 tbi engines.

Shannen  ....thanks, I found it...tried to use the bcc lookup tool yesterday
to see if I could find a part# for a calpak or type of veh...but it (or
something on my end ) was busy, will attempt again today..
I think the junkyards inventory computer was where I heard about the 2.5
4cyl 1 tbi '730.. its possible someone could've entered an error....

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken, but I thought backfiring was a
sign of running too lean.

Gerald

After checking plugs, they were light greyish... Id say the stock 305 fuel
tables were fairly close...
Dan