DIY WB update

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Tue Aug 14 03:36:45 GMT 2001

>15:1, is basically a take off on the 14.7, nonsense.

Yep!!

 They use that for
>Emissions, and also they just AVERAGE that.  ie, toggle across that for
>keeping the converter lit.  Tuned properly you can run leaner then that at
>cruise.

Yep again. The better and faster burning the chamber, generally the leaner
you can get away with for economical cruise. Can vary from 15.7 up to 17 or
even leaner with everything _JUST_ so.

 The 12.5-13:1 might keep a N/A engine happy, but I know of lots of
>turbo motors that like richer then that.

Yep again, but then again, some engines with really good chambers, accurate
fuel distribution, and really good fuel atomization can make best power as
lean as 13.8 or 14 (talking NA, here).

YMMV

Greg