DIY WB update

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Tue Aug 14 03:43:37 GMT 2001

>OK great, I wanted to ask about this. I'm just beginning to study boost
>as a possible addition to our project engine. First, other than the Bell
>and McInnis (sp?) books, can you recommend anything? Neither of those
>books go much into intercooling, although the McInnis book has a just
>fantastic section on computing parameters for the turbo itself, from the
>turbo maps. I'm looking for something along the same lines in technical
>detail, but on intercoolers. Any suggestions?

McInnes does talk about intercoolers in some detail. The trick is to figure
out the mass flow of air through the engine _AT_ the inlet manifold
conditions which exist after the intercooler--and then work backwards to
size the IC based on this mass flow and the given compressor inlet
conditions.

Greg