WB vrs NB info

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Wed Aug 15 20:23:54 GMT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:52:08 -0400 (EDT) Frank F Parker
<fparker at umich.edu> writes:
> Yes, That SAE paper is the one. See figure 11 which shows the
> pressure
> dependance. Yet, you asked for "real world" info so I will tell you
> for what it is worth, my personal experience from datalogging back
> pressure( turbine inlet pressure), manifold pressure , EGT , NTK wb
> and reg O2 output.

OK I will do that, when it arrives from the SAE cash cow. :)

> My own tests showed similar results thus I believe it is one of
> those
> things that do not seem to matter in the real world.
<........>
> Also did wb vs std o2 and as Bruce has reported from his tests, mine
> also
> showed wb changing and std o2 steady and the reverse. Again real
> world,
> not theory results.

Thank you for the input Frank, but this is what still confuses me.
SpeedPro and yourself found that pressure differences *don't seem to
matter in the real world*. Then you say above, that you saw the same as
Bruce (I assume you mean like he did, going from pre to post turbo
placement of the sensor), with noticeable wb changes. Bruce was using the
original diy version, and says he saw a 50mV change. I look at the curves
from the original circuit files, and they indicate that on the rich side,
that is very near a 1/2 afr change. The only way I know of reconciling
these two statements is to assume that nobody thinks a 1/2 afr change
matters in the real world. Can that be true? Tnx for any help on this.
Recollecting what *size* of afr changes you observed would be helpful, if
you can recall that info. Still curious about getting the *quantities*
straight in all this. Tnx.

Brian "real-world industrial control number cruncher" Massey