DIY WB update. and now Ion gapz

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Fri Aug 17 14:22:15 GMT 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Len Sabatine wrote:

>      Ok , We can use Spark Plugs for other things other than just Spark Plugs.
>       They've been used as after burners and I gather the color of the flame
>      just may be an interesting study of what's happening in the combustion
>      chamber.  Remember Color Tune Spark Plug with the sight Glass that
>      allowed viewing the combustion chamber firing ? I still have One of those
>      Gems.
>      Shhh.
>      Len

I remember reading about "color tune" years back.  What have your
experiences been with it?  Is it an effective tuning tool, maybe a bit
less subjective than plug cuts?  Does knock have a particular appearance,
or is the sight glass strictly for mixture?

Maybe we should be using RGB color sensors instead of O2 and knock
sensors.. :)