Interesting blurb on Speedvision

Flanagan, Steve Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Mon Aug 20 14:28:58 GMT 2001

Bruce,

What do you think is the reason for this?  It seems to be the opposite of
what you would think. Being a pilot I always prefer a Cold, Dry, High
Pressure day, the wings love that kind of air.

Cold air is more dense: Good for power.
Humid air is less dense: Bad for Power (or is it????)

Is it the 2-Os in the H2O that you believe is the reason a turbo likes
humidity?

That would then lead to the water injection debate.

Steve F

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce [mailto:nacelp at bright.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2000 11:56 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Interesting blurb on Speedvision

On speedvision the other day they were talking to some folks running Pro
Comp..  One of them was an actual tuner.  He was going on about needing to
do compensations for Baro., and heat.  Then mentioned even more important
then that was compensating for HUMIDITY.
  And some folks called me crazy when I mentioned it...
  Oh well, I rest my case..
Yes, a good calibration, has a IAT, or MAT correction for fuel, and TIMING.
The more I look at things, I think GM fudges the IAT/MAT in a way to comp.,
for all the lil things.
That's my opinion.
Bruce
  Cold air, with high humidity are a turbos best friend.